Myanmar Village of Kin Ma Burned After Clashes, and Locals Blame Military Forces

A village in Myanmar center has been burned down after fighting happened between the local guerrillas and security forces and left the death of at least two people. Residents told that around 200 to 240 houses in the village were razed to the ground by the military forces on June 15. They told the incident occurred after the military clashed with a local militia who opposed the governing regime. The UK ambassador to Myanmar, Dan Chugg, has highly condemned the attack.

The Junta has burned down a whole village in Magway while killing elderly residents and demonstrated once again that the security forces continue to commit terrible crimes having no regard for the people of Myanmar, as per the residents. However, the state media blamed the attack on terrorists. Any media, if suggested any other cause, then it is said that the media is deliberately plotting to discredit the security forces, as per the MRTV. A resident told the security forces clashed with PDF or People’s Defence Force on June 15. Such groups were formed in the wake of the military coup and have begun to clash with the military and police with homemade weapons.

When the members of PDF drew back, the security forces came into the village and lit the houses with fire in the southern part, according to the residents. Almost the entire village burned down into ashes. The villagers fled into the woods in the exterior of Kin Ma after the military troops opened fire. However, two elderly people were unable to run and died in the fire, while few reported missing, said the locals.

About Myanmar Coup

Mass protests took place across Myanmar after the military forces seized control on February 1. The leader Aung San Suu Kyi, and other members of the NLD party were detained. After that, hundreds of people, children have been killed. The military is now in charge of the nation and has declared an emergency for a year. It seized control after Suu Kyi’s party won the election by a landslide. The military forces claimed the election as widespread fraud and demanded a rerun of votes. The election commission told there was no evidence for such claims. The coup happened as a new parliament session was going to open. Ms. Suu Kyi was accused of possessing illegal walkie-talkies and for violating the country’s law.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles